Skip to main content

Letter of Permission

  • How to Apply

    Current 萌妹社区 students who wish to take courses at another institution must first be approved for a letter of permission. This ensures that you will receive credit at the university for the course you take at the host institution. Failure to obtain a Letter of Permission prior to taking a course at another institution will result in the credit not being transferred to 萌妹社区.

    Letters of permission are granted by the Dean, in consultation with the Office of the Registrar. The course content from the host institution must contain a majority overlap with an Ontario Tech course. The appropriate faculty will determine course equivalency. Students must achieve a minimum 60 per cent final grade to have the approved course transferred for credit at 萌妹社区. You must register for the approved course at the host institution during the academic term specified on the letter of permission. If you do not take the approved course in the specified term, you will be required to reapply for a new letter of permission.

    Credits earned through a letter of permission display as a T grade on your transcript, and are not used in your GPA calculation.

    Please allow four weeks for your request to be processed. You will receive an email decision as soon as it becomes available.

  • Eligibility Requirements

    In order to apply for a letter of permission, students must:

    • Be in clear academic standing with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
    • Have already completed nine credit hours at 萌妹社区.
    • Hold the necessary 萌妹社区 prerequisite courses.

    In addition, the following restrictions apply:

    • A maximum of 30 credit hours may be completed via letter of permission.
    • Challenge for credit courses will not be considered.
    • The host institution must hold a recognized accreditation.
    Note: Taking a course via letter of permission in your final semester before graduation is discouraged, as it may delay your graduation.
  • After Course Completion

    You are responsible for having official transcripts sent directly from the host institution to the Office of the Registrar upon completion of the approved course. Please request your transcript to be sent electronically to, or mailed to:

    Attn: LOP Office
    2000 Simcoe Street North
    Oshawa, ON L1G 0C5

    Third-party transcript services, such as MyCreds, are also acceptable. The email address that the transcript should be sent to is

    Transcripts submitted by the student are not considered official, even if they are in a sealed envelope.

    If you are taking a course in your final semester before graduation, your final transcript must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than May 1 to prevent your graduation date from being delayed.

    To view your applied credits,  and view your academic record. The credits will be visible under the appropriate academic term.